Finding activities to keep your kids busy can be challenging enough, but during a time like this when you’re under quarantine or a “Stay at Home” order, I’m finding that it’s more challenging than ever. I put together a list of 10 things to do with your young kids while you’re stuck at home to hopefully give you a little inspiration if you’re looking for it. None of them involve TV/screens, but I promise we get our fair share of that around here too. ;)
I hope you’ll check out some of my other posts while you’re here, too!
See my DIY projects and inspiration [here]
Check out a home tour [here]
Check out some fashion posts [here]
1. Roll out some kraft paper and let them finger paint (with washable paints!)
2. Do a “nature collage” – send them into the backyard to find various items from nature (sticks, leaves, flowers, pebbles, etc.) and then hot glue into a collage on a paper plate. So simple, but they love it!
3. Play a game of I Spy or Hide & Go Seek…or just a fun board game!
Find some great board games here
4. Get out ALL the Play-Doh and let them go nuts, mixing colors if they want!
Here’s a link to some Play-Doh!
5. Bake cookies…and let them help.
Need some cookie dough delivered to your house? Here’s a good one!
6. Go for a walk around the block
7. Make a blanket fort in the living room
These blankets are awesome (read the reviews!)
8. Purge some of their toys + organize their bedroom or playroom! I like to have my kids help make the decision which toys to keep and which to donate (and I always respect those decisions, even if they want to keep something I think is silly/they don’t play with anymore)
9. Make slime!
10. Get out the crayons and paper, turn on some relaxing music, and ask them to draw you a picture (or better yet, one to send to a friend or relative they miss!)
Hopefully these ideas gave you a little inspiration to keep those kids busy! If you have any awesome ideas that you do with your own children, let me know – I’m always looking for new things to keep them entertained!