Today I’m sharing the best hair products for beachy waves – what I’m currently using for my everyday hair styling.
This post may contain affiliate links
You guys asked for details on how I do my hair, so I’m delivering! I filmed a tutorial over on Instagram several months ago, but just filmed an updated one this past weekend. My hair is longer than it was in the first video I did (I’m growing it out!) so I figured it was time for a new video!
I’ve always been a fan of loose, slightly messy beachy waves. As much as I want to love my hair straight (it’s so much quicker to style it that way)…I just never like how it looks.
I also only wash my hair a few times/week (2-3 times, typically), and I don’t have a TON of time to spend styling it. So my routine is relatively quick and easy – plus, using a dry shampoo in between washes really extends the life of my style.
I’m linking all of the products I currently use (including the shampoo + conditioner I love AND my curling wand!) below.
The products and tools I use:
- Shampoo – I love this volumizing shampoo! It smells so good and gives your hair just a little boost.
- Conditioner – This conditioner is volumizing, as well! These big bottles last such a long time since I only wash my hair a few days a week, too.
- Heat protectant – I’ve been using this brand since college and I really like it! It’s so important to use a heat protectant before blow drying and before using a heat tool (curling iron/wand, flat iron) – it keeps your hair looking shiny and healthy.
- Curling wand – I’ve tried both regular curling irons and curling wands, and I just love the way the wand works! Some people use a heat protectant glove when they use a wand, but I don’t. I’ve been styling my hair the same way for years, so maybe I’m just used to holding it and not burning myself. If you’re a beginner, you might want to try using a glove! (Buy a glove here)
- Air grip spray (dry wax) – I spray this dry wax on after curling, before hairspray! It smells SO good and I love the way it helps hold my hair style.
- Hairspray – My hair tends to hold curl really well, so I just use an inexpensive hairspray after I curl.
- Dry shampoo – Since I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week, I rely on dry shampoo to extend the life of my blow dry! I spray this one at the roots all over before curling.
- Clips – I typically clip up half of my hair when I’m curling it. I curl the bottom half first, take the clip out, then curl the top half.
I hope you’ll check out some of my other posts while you’re here, too!
See my DIY projects and inspiration [here]
Check out a home tour [here]
Check out some fashion posts [here]
I hope you enjoyed this Best Hair Products for Loose, Beachy Waves blog post!