During the day, it’s so easy to just re-heat some leftovers from the night before or make a quick PB&J. But the other day I really wanted something healthier…yet still super easy.
As a vegetarian, I eat a lot.of.salad. So it’s important that I mix it up sometimes and use different ingredients, or I get a little burned out. This salad is simple and soo good. What more could you want?
- Sweet potato
- Snap peas
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt, black pepper
- Balsamic glaze (or regular balsamic – whatever you have!)
- Dried cranberries
- Optional: veggie burger (or you could use chicken, steak…etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cut sweet potato into small cubes. I cut up three small potatoes so that I would have leftovers for the rest of the week.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes on high (or until they start to get a little bit soft).
- Spread on baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic salt, pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through
- Sautee a small handful of sugar snap peas with salt and pepper
- Put a couple large handfuls of spinach in a bowl (I like a big salad but obviously you can use as much as you want) and de-stem
- Sprinkle in feta and black pepper, add sweet potato and snap peas
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze, then toss
- Top with dried cranberries and veggie burger (crumbled up)
Don’t forget that you can sign up to receive my emails – I send one out every time I publish a new post, so you’ll never miss out on anything that’s happening on Shady Lane! There’s a sign up form at the very top of the page. Let me know if you need any help!